- in memory of a deceased loved one
- because you happened to pass by a tattoo shop
- because it is your favorite quote
- because it’s from your favorite TV show
- to show dedication to your romantic partner
- because you liked the design
- because it has a deep meaning to you
- because you were young and stupid
- because you fucking wanted to.
Presenting science in a gender-neutral way can also help young women become interested in science in the first place, and much work needs to be done to remove the cultural barriers that discourage women from staying in scientific careers. A woman should not need to give up her femininity to be a scientist. She should have the possibility of being mother or dressing as a woman – and be considered smart and serious.
I no longer believe that making women more courageous, more assertive, ‘more like me’, is the right way to move forward. Women should not have to do all of the adapting. It is time for society to move toward women, not women toward society.
- Jocelyn Bell Brunell (CERN astronomer)”
- WiFi: connected
- Me: then fucking act like it
usa gets silver:
russia gets silver:
chinese get silver:
british get bronze:
actually, it’s been psychologically proven that bronze winners are happier than silver winners! silver winners see themselves as being “so close” to gold, while bronze winners are just happy they won a medal. so any silver medalist isn’t as happy as a bronze medalist!
Canada gets silver:
ok but it’s canada